September 2, 2017

A New Shade of Summer by Nicole Deese

A New Shade of Summer (Love in Lenox)A New Shade of Summer by Nicole Deese
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved Callie and Davis! I'm always a sucker for a man with a kid so it really wasn't surprising that I fell in love with Davis pretty quickly. And I loved the relationship that Callie had with her niece and nephew. I don't see mine enough for them to even really know me so I found her bond with hers extra special.

I love Lenox. It is a wonderful little town. I really enjoyed getting back there to see some old friends briefly and of course to make new ones. This book has so many wonderful moments between many different groups of people. I really liked all the different dynamics of this book. I especially was fond of the moments with Callie's sister and brother-in-law.

It is always wonderful to find an author who isn't afraid to tackle difficult conversations between her characters. This book covered quite a few of those including but not necessarily limited to death, divorce, grief, and parent/child relationships. None of those are easy topics but Deese handled them beautifully. I really enjoyed watching relationships blossom in this book. Deese doesn't sugar coat anything and reminds her readers that hard times happen but that they can also be overcome!

And of course the romance was wonderful. There were a few scenes that were quite sizzling! I love her ability to write those scenes but never cross a line to where the book becomes even slightly inappropriate for Christian readers of any age. I love that a teenage girl could read this book and her parents wouldn't have any concerns. But if you love good kissing scenes then definitely pick up this one!

Last but certainally not least. I love that Deese places a strong importance on her character's spiritual lives without coming across as preachy at all. I love Christian books that point readers to God while still leaving room for a great story!

I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

View all my reviews