July 15, 2017

Just Look Up

Just Look UpJust Look Up by Courtney Walsh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sometimes I get so engrossed in a book that at the end I realize I don't know what to write for a review other than "I loved it!" So I actually went back and re-read this one so I could properly review it. And also because I just wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to Lane and Brooks and move on to another book yet!

I think I possibly loved it even more the second time. Mostly because the first time through I was so focused on Lane. I related to her in many ways because even though I didn't have the same exact struggles as her it did bring back some memories and made me realize how our pasts shape our futures. I loved her work ethic but I also loved how she learned to "look up" throughout the book.

The second time through I was able to appreciate Brooks even more. Don't get me wrong I loved him the first time but this time I was able to really fall in love with his character. He actually reminds me a lot of my husband. So patient. At one point he says "It'll be fine." and that is seriously my husband's line. He says it all the time to me. Probably because I tend to worry and stress.

I really enjoyed the romance in this story. It wasn't the main topic of the story but was a beautiful part of it. I really like relationships where the guy does the pursuing. And I love stories with flirting.

But mostly I loved the reminders in this book that the past shapes the present and the future. That sometimes there are things we shove into the back of our minds and try to forget. But that ultimately those things have made us who we are today. The good and the bad. I also love that forgiveness was prevalent throughout this book with more than one character. It is such a hard concept. But so freeing.

And more than anything I loved seeing characters overcome very difficult childhoods. I know it takes a lot to write a book with so much character depth and so much honesty and I really appreciated those qualities in this book. I'm very much looking forward to the next book in the series and a return visit to Harbor Pointe.

I received an advanced copy of this book through NetGalley. This is my honest review. 

Have you seen the trailer for the book? Courtney does amazing book trailers!


View all my reviews