July 1, 2017

Heart on the Line

Heart on the Line (Ladies of Harper’s Station, #2)Heart on the Line by Karen Witemeyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was fabulous! I really loved the notion that two people met each other over the telegraph lines! A very creative story line and I know Witemeyer found actual real life examples which just makes it even more fun! I met my husband online so this was a fun history lesson!

I've loved every one of Witemeyer's books because she writes such excellent characters. She always has a perfect mix of personality, wit, adventure, and romance. This series is especially fun since Harper Station is almost all women! Such a unique setting with so many interesting people.

I really loved Amos' determination in this book. He knew what was important to him and always put it first. I was especially impressed with his financial responsibility and how he took care of his family. I also loved his hobby in the book too!

It never really occurred to me that telegraph operators would be allowed to chat over the lines. Such a fun form of communication. Basically the first "instant messenger" or "texting."

This book had really great adventure and suspense too. I really liked how the adventure and romance weaved together in the end to form a strong relationship. I love how hard times tend to bond people together.

This was a great book and I'm already looking forward to her next one.

I received an advanced copy from Bethany House. This review is my honest opinion.

View all my reviews