May 6, 2017

Review: Threads of Suspicion

Threads of Suspicion Threads of Suspicion by Dee Henderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

She's done it again! This book was so good. So complex and so surprising. I love how I can read the whole book and not have any idea who committed the crime! And I love how well she weaves all the current characters with her old characters and introduces new ones all at the same time without overwhelming me. It was such a joy to have Ann around again. She will always be one of my favorites though I must admit Evie is becoming a favorite now too!

This new series is just a little bit different since it focuses on cold missing person cases. But it is such a great follow up to Taken that it is a seamless transition. I really love the procedural side to this book. It is so amazing to watch Evie and David re-tackle a cold case using the initial findings, their own theories, and even new evidence. I really liked how they each had different methods for their work but still both found the answers they were looking for. I love that they were able to provide closure to families.

This book has a little bit of a Criminal Minds aspect to it as they searched for who was responsible for their missing people. I also felt once again like I was in the middle of a Cold Case episode too. If you like either of those shows you'll like how this book is laid out.

My only complaint about this book isn't really a complaint just a personal thought. I missed Gabriel Thane from the first book and wasn't crazy for Rob. I know I should probably give him a chance but he just doesn't impress me.

If you want a book that will keep the pages turning as you desperately try to figure out whodunnit (times two!) then you'll love this book.

I received an advanced copy from Bethany House. All opinions are my own. I might add that after reading this I immediately re-read Full Disclosure, Unspoken, Taken, and Traces of Guilt because I needed more Dee Henderson. I cannot wait for her next book!

View all my reviews