April 11, 2017

Review: True to You

True to You True to You by Becky Wade
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love Becky Wade's books. I've read every one and truly cannot wait for book two in this series. I was quite thrilled with Nora's profession in this book. I find researching family history quite intriguing and have spent a fair amount of time pouring through old letters of my own Great Grandfather so watching her help John with his history. I also loved the work she was doing in her community as well.

I appreciated that both Nora and John had some flaws because at times they both almost seemed too good to be true. But I was glad to see them both have to learn about relationship, communication, and forgiveness throughout the book. Their struggles made their lives easier to relate to. I also enjoyed the family dynamics especially with Nora and her sisters in this book. I cannot wait to get to know the other sisters better in their books.

I really loved that Wade dropped a huge surprise in this book. The book was pretty carefree and then all of a sudden there was a flip turn upside down moment. It changed everything and made me almost cry. I love it when an author pulls that off!

I highly recommend reading the prequel novella, Then Came You, so that you have a better understanding of this book. It isn't necessary but will make you appreciate many parts of this book even more.

The publisher through NetGalley provided me an advanced copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

View all my reviews