April 10, 2017

Review: Sandpiper Cove

Sandpiper Cove Sandpiper Cove by Irene Hannon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is by far my favorite in the series! I loved Lexie and Adam and their character development was amazing. I really liked that they both had unique issues to work through but that they actually were able to help each other with those issues. I was thrilled with the spiritual development too. I love stories where one or more characters either share how they came to Christ or share how they come back to Christ.

There was excellent balance in this book too. I loved the peek into the characters from the previous books. And Lexie's mom and son in this book are a fun addition. I really liked her mom's personality. She was kind of blunt with Lexie a few times and I loved it. And Matt, her son, was such a neat kid. I thought Hannon did a great job portraying him but not allowing him to completely take over the attention.

There were so many life lessons in this book. Sometimes it is easy to judge a book by it's cover and I loved the constant reminders in this book that you cannot only look at outward appearance or life experiences. I love how Adam was able to use his past experience to help others so many times in this book.

But truly I loved the romance the most. The flow of the relationship in this book was perfect. It seemed totally natural and not rushed. There was a great balance of fun, serious, and even some steamy moments. It was one of the more realistic love stories I've read lately.

Revell provided me a copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

View all my reviews