March 26, 2017

Review: When Tides Turn

When Tides Turn When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I found out that this book was about Quintessa I have to admit I wasn't real excited. She wasn't my favorite side character from the other books in the series. But now that I've finished the book I'm so glad I gave her a chance! She turned out to be quite amazing. So much more to her than I imagined.

I love what Sundin did with Dan's character. He developed so much through this book. I loved the spiritual lessons he learned about the Sabbath and rest. I loved how he learned to apply what he learned to his everyday life and not just his weekly life. I also loved how he turned to scripture. I really love this aspect of Christian Fiction. How we can learn lessons from these fictional characters.

WWII is my favorite period of history. I love how the people that lived during that time banded together. I love reading fictional accounts of these people. I love that everyone did their part and I love that Sundin wrote a series of books that focused on a lot of the US atmosphere of that time.

This book was a perfect mixture of history, mystery, suspense, drama, and romance. I can't wait to see what her next series will bring us.

I received this book from Revell. This review is my honest opinion.

View all my reviews