March 26, 2017

Review: To the Farthest Shores

To the Farthest Shores To the Farthest Shores by Elizabeth Camden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really loved this book. But truly that was no surprise since I have yet to read a Camden book I haven't loved!

I knew from the beginning this story was going to have far more to it than meets the eye. I was amazed at how much she managed to put in this book for Ryan to deal with in life. His poor character experienced a lot of pain and hurt and yet he was still quite an amazing man. Yes, he made some poor decisions and made some mistakes but in the end I still loved him.

And Jenny. She was quite amazing too. I have utmost respect for nurses. Especially a civilian nurse working for the military with little to no respect. I especially admired her ability to stand up for herself. Her life was anything but easy but she really made a name for herself as a well respected nurse and a wonderful daughter.

I really liked how Camden was able to include a love story, attempted murder, espionage, language learning, and even a side job for Ryan into this book. And it all flowed together so perfectly. It takes a marvelous author to have such a well developed story with so many topics that reads so easily. Her ability to make her character's lives so difficult but still make me fall in love with them is amazing. She also writes amazingly complicated love stories and this one's complexity made it all that much better too.

I received a copy of this book through NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

View all my reviews