March 14, 2017

Review: Pursed

Pursed Pursed by Elaine Manders
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first book by Manders. In fact, it was the first I'd even heard her name but I like discovering new authors so I was excited to give it a try while it was free on Amazon for Kindle.

I found I really enjoyed the story line and characters. I liked that there were a few different points of drama throughout the book that kept my interest. I also loved that she was teaching herself how to catalogue books with the Dewey system to create her own library. That was totally fascinating to me. I love libraries and I loved that historical point in the book.

My favorite part of this book was Carrianne's strength. I really liked that anytime Rhyan tried to get too close to her that she pulled away or walked away because she knew it would be a mistake to get too close. I think most of us could learn a lot from that example. I also loved her putting her relationship with God over her relationship with man. I'm looking forward to seeing how the story continues in book 2.

There were a few aspects I didn't love. The word "heady" was used too many times in my opinion. And the backstory for Rhyan confused me a little bit in the book when it went back to talk about his relationship with his father. Neither issue was enough to detract from the story but did keep me from rating it higher.

I didn't love the ending but since I know there is a book two I'll survive. I've just gotten used to the new way most authors are writing books where all books are standalones and don't require reading the previous books to enjoy later books in a series.

But overall I did really enjoy the story and look forward to book 2.

View all my reviews