March 18, 2017

Review: Final Verdict

Final Verdict Final Verdict by Jessica R. Patch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another excellent romantic suspense from Patch! I truly love her hero in this book. Beckett is wonderful. He has so many fun quirks in how he interacted with Aurora that I looked forward to every single scene with both of them. He also had some incredibly romantic moments that I could easily re-read right now.

Aurora is one tough woman. I usually love the really tough women but this time I actually was surprised that she was even tougher than I expected. I loved how stubborn she was too. I don't like women that just go along with everything so she turned out to be my favorite type of heroine. And the final climactic scene with her was honestly way scarier than I expected and I was thrilled by it because sometimes authors have to tone down their ideas for LIS books.

I loved the chance to see a little bit post marriage of Holt and Blair too. I love that the LIS books are standalones but sometimes it is really nice to see previous characters in their happily ever after.

But as much as I loved Beckett and Aurora I really loved Beckett's mom. She was full of wisdom and not in a bossy mom sort of way but just in kindness. I really liked when she reminded Beckett that sometimes tough times come so we can be reminded to rely on God. I needed to hear those words myself.

I was at times in this story overwhelmed by the sheer number of possible suspects but at the same time was impressed that I never figured out who the bad guy was. Patch definitely kept me guessing throughout.

The author sent me an advanced copy of this book. But all opinions are my own.

View all my reviews