February 12, 2017

Review: Still Life

Still Life Still Life by Dani Pettrey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was amazing! I felt like I was reading an episode of Criminal Minds only not near as gory as those sometimes are with a little bit of CSI in there with all of the crime scene processing. But most importantly I was especially thrilled that for most of the book I had no idea who the killer was!

Pettrey is very skilled at descriptions. I've always loved how she can describe a scene or a location or even people. Throughout this book I was captivated by the details both of descriptions but also of the interviews with subjects.

But as much as I loved all the story about the crimes and the investigations what I really truly loved was the relationship between Parker and Avery. I loved how honest they were with each other. And of course I also loved the kissing and the falling in love. But what first caught my attention with these two was the fun wit and banter between them. I love couples that tease and have fun together. I was almost sad to get to the end of the book because I could have enjoyed many more pages of those two!

And before I close this review I must mention the part of this book that probably touched me the most. The spirituality. Bethany House and their authors truly write the best books with spiritual emphasis even though they are fiction. Multiple times Pettrey shares the prayers of her characters and multiple times her characters remind each other of God's forgiveness and second chances and I love reading books that are so spiritually uplifting.

I am very excited for book 3. It cannot come out fast enough. I need more from this series asap!

Bethany House sent me a copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

View all my reviews