February 18, 2017

Review: Maybe It's You

Maybe It's You Maybe It's You by Candace Calvert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 1/2 Stars!

I really love Calvert's books. The remind me of t.v. medical dramas but with faith and prayer instead of sex and lies. Her books are so uplifting and constantly remind me that our God is a God of grace, forgiveness, and second chances. Her books also remind me of the importance of friendships.

This book deals with the difficult subjects of alcoholism and sex trafficking. Both are topics that desperately need to be brought to light as they are becoming increasingly common and need to be advocated against. I felt both subjects were dealt with very well. Nothing was graphic but it wasn't glossed over either. I loved that Sloane was so dedicated to her AA meetings and I hope that reading this book spurs others on to find a meeting or encourage a friend or family member to.

I also loved the theme of second chances. Sloane is a human just like we all are and has made mistakes but I love that she is able to move past those mistakes. And I love the theme of forgiveness that comes up for quite a few of the characters too.

And don't worry Calvert doesn't leave out the romance. Micah and Sloane continue with what I have found to be tradition in her books of having fun and unique dates. And this one has an especially sweet one you won't want to miss!

I received a free copy of this book from Tyndale. This review is my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews