February 18, 2017

Review: Justice Delayed

Justice Delayed Justice Delayed by Patricia Bradley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Really enjoyed this first book in a new series by Bradley. I'm always intrigued by cold cases and this book was very multidimensional and definitely kept me on my toes. It truly had everything from suspense and action to a little romance!

It would be hard to pinpoint my favorite part but I was definitely intrigued by the concept of smuggling represented in this book. I don't know that it has ever been in a book I've read before and it was very interesting. I especially liked that it was diamonds and not drugs because it seems so much more unique. And actually is one of the reasons I asked my husband not to put a diamond in my engagement ring..

Sometimes when I read a book that goes back and forth from present to past I get a little annoyed because it isn't done well. But Bradley made good use of her flashbacks and the time spent reading them was worthwhile to the story. But I do wish they had been in italics or had some sort of separation to make them known to be flashbacks because I would be reading along and all of a sudden realize I wasn't in present day anymore.

I think what Bradley did best in this book was the killer. I never did put two and two together to figure it out. I love it when I can be surprised by the bad guy.

If you love mystery and suspense I definitely suggest this new series by Bradley.

I received a copy of this book from Revell. This is my honest opinion.

View all my reviews