January 7, 2017

Review: Newton and Polly: A Novel of Amazing Grace

Newton and Polly: A Novel of Amazing Grace Newton and Polly: A Novel of Amazing Grace by Jody Hedlund
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really wanted to love this book. I loved Hedlund's lighthouse books and I love history so I really thought this book would be perfect for me....

I have always loved John Newton's story but I think I would have loved this novel more if I hadn't know his story. Since I already knew how things would end up I think it severely ruined this depiction of his life for me. Though I did enjoy more of a glimpse into Polly's life.

I think what I learned through reading this book was that if I'm going to read a book about a famous person I'd prefer to read a memoir or biography and not a fictionalized account of their life.

This book does have a great basis in history and would probably even make a really good book for a high schooler studying historical Christian figures.

I received a copy of this book through Blogging for Books. This is my honest review.

View all my reviews