January 14, 2017

Review: If Not for You

If Not for You If Not for You by Debbie Macomber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was only my second book by Debbie Macomber but I've found that I really do enjoy her stories and characters. I loved how sweet Sam was even though just looking at him it might not have been expected. And while it was probably quite disrespectful I really did like how Beth stood up for herself numerous times in this book. My favorite part of this book was how good Sam was with kids! Another part of his character that was unexpected. I like reading books where characters don't feed into the status quo.

This book had great romance! I loved watching the love between Beth and Sam. But I also loved that the book was pretty clean. I like when a book can have a great story line, good romance, real-life characters but not be full of trash.

However, I wasn't thrilled with how fast everything concluded. A lot of it seemed to happen a little too easily but I guess that is fiction.

NetGalley and the publisher provided me with an advanced copy of this book. This is my completely honest review.

View all my reviews