January 11, 2017

Review: Can't Help Falling

Can't Help Falling Can't Help Falling by Kara Isaac
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I struggled with the first book by Isaac because I didn't have any LotR knowledge. But when I saw this one was based on CS Lewis for the literary background I felt much better about it. While I haven't read all of his Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe books I have read the main book and know more about the series.

I really liked this book. I enjoyed the two main characters a lot. I hate that so many lies were told in the story but understood why and liked that in the end the truth came out. I also really enjoyed the main male character being a rower. I didn't know anything about the sport and enjoyed learning a little bit more. I felt like the sport was described the perfect amount without going too far into it.

I especially liked the character development for Emelia. I found her character very intriguing. I also really liked the love story though I wish it would have expounded upon the spirituality a little bit more.

Overall I was very pleased with this book and am glad I gave it a chance. I do look forward to more books by Isaac in the future.

Netgalley provided me a copy of this book. This is my honest opinion.

View all my reviews