January 7, 2017

Review: Beyond Suffering Bible-NLT: Where Struggles Seem Endless, God's Hope Is Infinite

Beyond Suffering Bible-NLT: http://beyondsufferingbible.com/




Some people that read this review will probably not know this but I do suffer from a chronic pain condition. It is invisible so most people that come into contact with me don't even know about it and never would unless I told them. Even a lot of my acquaintances and friends from different stages in life don't know. But my closest friends do and of course my husband does. He is my greatest ally. He is always there for me to help when things are hard and to be patient with me when I'm not 100%. Thankfully through some different treatments I'm better than I was when the condition first started but there are still some bad days.



I was excited to read this Bible since it is actually geared toward people who suffer from chronic pain or disabilities. The Bible includes targeted reading plans. Some didn't catch my eye but I did read the "Growing Spiritually through Suffering" and the "Praising God through Suffering" ones and found them well formatted and helpful.



This Bible also has great intros to the different books of the Bible, character profiles, connection points, devotionals, and other features throughout. It also includes some interesting articles at the end and I enjoyed reading the article titled "The Constant Distraction - Living with Chronic Pain" one since it was the most in line with my own circumstances.



I grew up with the NIV so it is still my go to Bible and the one I know scripture from the best. But I really do love the NLT. I actually now own three NLT Bibles and really enjoy having a translation that is a little bit easier to read.

 

My only small complaint about this Bible is that it is paperback with a very flimsy cover and the pages are SUPER thin. It is a beautiful Bible. I love the colors but I am afraid it isn't going to hold up very well over time. And I'm not the type to highlight in a Bible but people that do like to do that aren't going to be able to on these thin pages.

But aside from the physical fragility of the Bible I love it and am thankful to Tyndale for the opportunity to follow a reading plan that benefits my personal circumstances. I hope and pray this Bible can be helpful to many people who suffer and the people who love them.

Tyndale sent me a free copy of this Bible. I was NOT required to write a positive review. This is my honest opinion.

View all my reviews