December 12, 2016

Review: Lone Star Dad

Lone Star Dad Lone Star Dad by Linda Goodnight
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this story because it had a couple different themes that really drew me in. I love the growth that young Derrick experienced throughout this book. It is amazing how much a teen can thrive if given good attention, responsibility, and boundaries! Excellent storyline for any book!

I also really loved following Quinn’s story. I loved watching him turn into a mentor for Derrick. I also loved watching him overcome his own turmoil in his life. Great storyline that is very fitting for what many people are dealing with these days. I hope that reading his story will help many people.

This book had just the right amount of romance too. I really loved Gena and Quinn. And I loved the kitties in the story too. Since my husband and I just adopted two over the summer I’ve developed a soft side for them even though at one time I never would have wanted pets!

I received a copy of this book through NetGalley. All opinions are my own.


View all my reviews