November 30, 2016

Review: Hazardous Holiday

Hazardous Holiday Hazardous Holiday by Liz Johnson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is a different take on your typical marriage of convenience story. I cannot imagine being in Kristi's shoes but I also couldn't imagine taking on her life without someone helping and love that Zach stepped in to be that helper.

This book didn't have as much time for the couple to deal with conflict between each other since Zach was deployed but I did find his reactions to things she did quite interesting. But mostly I just loved his interactions with her son. I'm a total sucker for kids in a book falling in love with their new parent!

The action in this book was pretty much non-stop and full of suspense. I was totally left guessing until the very end who was after who and enjoyed the mystery very much. I also enjoyed all the opportunities for Zach to be a hero because he was so good at it. And when the answers to the mystery did come out I found it to be quite interesting and unique which was wonderful.

One of my favorite parts of this book was the inclusion of generosity toward others at the holiday season. I hope that reading that scene will inspire others to be generous with what they have this Christmas!

The author sent me an advanced copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

View all my reviews