October 10, 2016

Review: Where Two Hearts Meet

Where Two Hearts Meet Where Two Hearts Meet by Liz Johnson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been looking forward to Caden's story ever since reading the first book in the series. Since I'm not the world's best baker or cook I'm always intrigued by characters that are. I loved getting to know her better in this story and watching her character develop through the pages was delightful.

Caden isn't a picture perfect woman and that is the best part about her. She isn't a size 2 but she is beautiful. And thankfully Adam comes along to prove to her that beauty isn't about what you weigh or what size you are. And the delicious treats and coffee she always has for him certainly don't hurt anything either! I really appreciated a real life character with personality flaws too. There were times when I wanted to scream at her because she didn't give herself enough credit for things but I felt like by the end of the book she was getting over some of her fears!

I really liked Adam too. He had a couple really cheesy lines that were fun and were good to balance out the more serious parts. I appreciate characters that have pasts that haunt them. I found myself very proud of what he had already overcome when the book first started but by the end of the book I was overwhelmed by all the growth he experienced. I really liked the theme of grace throughout this book. I so often read books about forgiveness and that is important too but grace covers so much more.

And of course the love story was wonderful too. I liked that it wasn't perfect or completely easy. I also loved some of the minor predicaments that Johnson threw at her characters. Made for a fun story. But of course I was also glad when I got my happily ever after at the end.

The best cameo type appearance in this book were the show tunes that Caden listens to as she cooks. I love two of the shows she listens to but you'll have to read the book! I'm not sharing which two :)

Lovers of Prince Edward Island, lighthouses, beaches, and romance will love this book. I would recommend this book for readers who also enjoy Irene Hannon's contemporary books.

I received a free advanced copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews