October 29, 2016

Review: The Sound of Silver

The Sound of Silver The Sound of Silver by Rachelle Rea Cobb
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

These days most authors are writing series books that can be read as a standalone also. So be forewarned that in my opinion these books cannot be read that way.

It was nice to see a continuation of a story for Dirk and Gwyn. Lately most of the books I've read end with a happily ever after and maybe an epilogue but not usually much of a follow up story so it was neat to read what happened after Dirk and Gwyn fell in love.

Just like the first book I found it interesting to read conversion stories of characters moving from a Catholic belief to a Protestant belief. I enjoyed watching the characters learn to pray directly to God and see him as their friend in time of need instead of having to clutch to a rosary.

But this book did move slower than I typically enjoy. I think for me the alternating of Dirk and Gwyn's viewpoints slowed me down. It is neat to read both the male and female perspective of a love story but at the same time I've never found that to be my favorite. But I know may people enjoy alternating perspectives and since these are done in first person they are even more impressive.

Cobb does an excellent job in this book of including just the right amount of conflict both internal and external for her characters. In this book the addition of an outside character proved to be interesting. I am looking forward to the conclusion of the story in book three.

The author sent me a copy of this book. All opinions in this review are my own.

View all my reviews