October 29, 2016

Review: The Sound of Diamonds

The Sound of Diamonds The Sound of Diamonds by Rachelle Rea Cobb
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn't really go into this book with any expectations. So I didn't realize how historical it was. I was surprised to find it set so far back in the 1500s. And I definitely wasn't expecting Catholic characters. Definitely different from what I normally read.

So it took me quite a while into the book before I was hooked. But eventually Dirk and Gwyn got me hooked when romance really started to come into play. There was also quite a bit of suspense but that wasn't enough for me in this book.

This book had a different level of conflict between characters than I'm used to seeing. It was interesting to have a protestant interested in a devout Catholic. But I really enjoyed how the different belief systems were discussed and how characters came to better understand their beliefs.

As I mentioned earlier the suspense wasn't enough for me personally, but there were good elements of suspense and there were a few surprises that almost caught me off guard.

If you're a fan of a combination of historical, romance and suspense this book would be a good option for you.

The author sent me a copy of this book. All opinions in this review are my own.

View all my reviews