October 6, 2016

Review: Shaken Discovering Your True Identity in the Midst of Life's Storms

Shaken Discovering Your True Identity in the Midst of Life's Storms Shaken Discovering Your True Identity in the Midst of Life's Storms by Tim Tebow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first book by Tebow and I really appreciated the glimpse into his life. His ability to remain strong in his faith and optimism in spite of his many trials is amazing. I cannot imagine being released from three different teams for my dream job. It is hard enough some days to just not know what my dream job is! I'm actually really happy for him that since releasing this book he got on with the Mets for minor league and hit a home run on his first at bat! What an amazing feeling that must have been!

I really appreciated his practical advice in this book about how to deal with those really hard times. I loved his stories about how he would inform his closest family and friends of his bad news all at one time so as to lessen his burden of sharing the news. I also loved his other stories about how his friends and family supported him no matter what.

But what I really loved was how strong his faith has remained. Especially considering that most of the time he wasn't able to make it to a traditional church service to worship and grow in faith with other believers. I was blessed by the measures he took to remain faithful to God outside of Sunday morning worship.

But I have to say my favorite parts were his WI5H stories and the other amazing people he's met through his celebrity status. I love that he takes the time and money to give kids an opportunity to have a wish granted. I also love that he goes out of his way to connect with people. What an amazing guy!

If you are worried that you need to like football (or baseball now!) to find this book interesting you couldn't be further from wrong. Yes, he does often mention football and sometimes even some stats. But I promise you will still be able to enjoy and learn from this book even if you aren't into sports!

I'll leave you with my favorite quote!

"While it makes you feel good to please people, it makes you feel fulfilled to please God."

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher. This is my honest review.

View all my reviews