October 6, 2016

Review: The Raven

The Raven The Raven by Mike Nappa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Raven
This book was very interesting. Like the first book in the series it alternated between quite a few different people’s views which is hard for me to keep up with sometimes but thankfully the difference in voice of each character actually made it a little easier with this book. Usually I didn’t even have to read the chapter headers to know which character was talking.

I was actually pretty impressed with the character referred to as The Raven. After everything his life had dealt him I felt he was still a fairly strong person and even though his life wasn’t perfect by any means I felt he could have ended up way worse.

There are some pretty sinister sides to this story but not near as much violence as the first book had so I appreciated that. Though there was still some so if you are bothered by violence you might want to skip this series.
Nappa is a great story teller. One of his biggest strengths is the number of characters he uses while still telling a complete and interesting story that truly connects together. I also love the level of comradery between his characters. I especially liked how good Trudi’s assistant is at anticipating needs. Very intuiditve young lady.

I must say that I’m still rooting for Hill. For some reason, even though I probably shouldn’t, I really like the guy. I’m anxious to read book three to see where it takes us. Each book so far has left a little bit of a cliffhanger leaving you wanting more and I’m excited to see what happens next.

I received a free copy of this book through Revell and this is my honest review.



View all my reviews