October 23, 2016

Review: The Promise of Rayne

The Promise of Rayne The Promise of Rayne by Nicole Deese
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love feuding families that produce love. And this book was the best version I've ever read! Watching events unfold between Rayne and Levi was wonderful. And the feud between the families was just different enough from all the other versions that it truly was unique.

My heart really felt for Rayne throughout this book. I cannot imagine working so hard only to always fall short in the eyes of her family. But I loved her persistence throughout the story. She is my favorite type of heroine. She is strong, passionate, and knows what she wants. Then there is Levi. He is amazing. What first drew me to him was his desire to help others. And I love his devotion to Ford and how he treats him as a father just as much as a boss.

Another part about this story that really drew me in was knowing that these fires that start really do threaten the livelihood and homes of so many people. It was hard to read about evacuations and knowing that it isn't really fiction and that sometimes after a person evacuates they never get to go home again. I cannot imagine that.

Of course the fires weren't the only sparks in this book. There were plenty of sparks between Rayne and Levi. Their story was actually painful at times to read as they dealt with personal issues, family issues, and even job issues. I appreciated the real life obstacles they overcame to reach their happily ever after. There were moments when I was frustrated with the decisions they made - especially Rayne - but there were also so many swoon-worthy moments and le sigh moments that I just loved. And the kisses. So many great kisses!

Oh and did I mention this book has a great surprise in it? You'll have to read it to find out what it is but I have to admit it was a great turning point in the story.

I truly loved every page of this story and couldn't put it down! I cannot wait to read whatever Deese comes up with next.

I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher. All opinions in this review are my own.


View all my reviews