October 9, 2016

Review: Love's Faithful Promise

Love's Faithful Promise Love's Faithful Promise by Susan Anne Mason
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book! I have grown to really love Irish Meadows and am a little sad the series is over. I've loved all the characters I've met in the family but I really loved Matthew and Dee. And I'm always a sucker for a relationship where one of the people has a child. I totally fell in love with Phoebe! Some of my favorite parts of the story were watching Phoebe grow and make friends.

As someone who has benefited from physical therapy I really appreciated Matthew's dedication to his patients and to doing the right thing to help people even when it meant making personal sacrifices. I also loved Dee's spunk to persuade him to come help her mother. And I always love the female characters who are doing everything they can to cross gender lines!

Sometimes minor characters can steal the show in an overwhelming way. But in this book I really enjoyed getting to know Jo. I'd love to see a novella about her because I feel there is so much more we could see in her. I loved how she was so good with the horses. And I love horses so much.

One of the things Bethany House does so well is publishing books that point their readers to God. I loved watching the spiritual growth of Matthew in the pages of this book. It is so refreshing to see someone turn to God in their time of need. And it is a good reminder to me to turn to God no matter what.

The publisher provided me a copy of this book. This review is my honest opinion.

View all my reviews