September 3, 2016

Review: The Coldwater Warm Hearts Club

The Coldwater Warm Hearts Club The Coldwater Warm Hearts Club by Lexi Eddings
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was an interesting story of a young woman returning to her hometown, rekindling love, and a minor subplot story of forgiveness. I found myself enjoying the sub story more than the main one. I would have liked to have read more about Anne and Dan given the opportunity.

Toward the beginning of the book I almost gave up on it since it had used the G*d word and also affairs and a lot of alcohol. Thankfully the first two weren't an issue again and later the book showed some redemption on drinking by helping a minor character straighten out his life.

This book has a lot going on in it. Lacy is dealing with a lot in the form of a lost business and fiance. Jake is dealing with PTSD. Between their two problems and all the problems of the other characters I was a little overwhelmed at times.

I really did struggle with a character who claims to have found faith talking the way he did about sex. Granted it was never spelled out and never happened but his attitude toward it was not Christ-like. I was also bothered by the very blase attitude toward prayer as if it was almost a joke.

I appreciated the author's willingness to send me a copy to review but I think I'll stick with Christian fiction novels in the future to minimize problems with content. I'm sure if you aren't picky about mentions of alcohol, God's name in vain, and sex that you would rate this book a little higher.

This review copy of this book was provided to me by the author in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews