August 1, 2016

Review: Without Warning

Without Warning Without Warning by Lynette Eason

I loved this book! I connected with the characters in this book on such a level that I couldn't stop turning the pages. And the action was so non-stop that I never once got bored.

Riley might have been one of the best secondary characters ever. I truly loved her with her tenacity, heart for God, and her ability to connect with both peers and adults. I'm really hoping that maybe someday she'll get her own book because I think she would make an excellent main character.

Likewise I loved Katie. I'm a sucker for a strong female lead so this entire series is right up my alley. But so far Katie has been my favorite bodyguard in the series. I really enjoyed her personality and how well she meshed with Daniel. Their dialogue in this book was so great. I laughed out loud a couple of times and truly enjoyed every moment of their relationship. I especially appreciated how they had enough in common to help each other focus on moving past difficult situations that brought out their PTSD. I'm glad more and more authors are delving into the difficult territory that surrounds PTSD since it is more common that some might realize and truly can be debilitating at times.

I also loved the faith aspect of this book. Riley's faith was so impressive. It was so touching to have a teenager with such strong faith. After what she went through she could have turned her back on God and she didn't. In fact, she grew stronger than ever.

I sadly wasn't completely surprised by who the bad guy turned out to be. But I didn't have it 100% figured out either. But I did figure out who the accomplice was. But unlike some books where that totally ruins the book for me, this time I still enjoyed the pursuit of Katie and Daniel figuring it out. And of course watching the romance bloom simultaneously wasn't so bad either!

This book is my favorite in the series so far. I think I could have read it again immediately if I didn't have so many other books on my TBR pile!

I received a free copy of this book from Revell in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews