August 1, 2016

Review: Almost Like Being in Love

Almost Like Being in Love Almost Like Being in Love by Beth K. Vogt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really did enjoy this book but oddly found myself liking one half of each of the two relationships better! It was so odd!

I really liked Kade and have to admit I was disappointed I didn't get to know him better in these pages. I really liked his no nonsense straightforward attitude. I also liked his ability to persuade people and his commitment to his friends.

I also really adored Jessica. For a secondary character she actually might have been my favorite character. I really loved how devoted to her son she was but also how she was willing to put Alex in his place.

But I didn't love Alex or Caron. Toward the end I came around to liking Alex more but I wasn't a big fan of how he lived his life through most of the book. And I felt similarly about Caron. I find people who put their relationships with their parents above all else quite annoying.

I also found myself loving sub plots better than the main plot of this book. I really liked Mitch's story and would have loved to have read more about his house.

In the end I enjoyed this book but didn't love it.

I received a copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews