July 28, 2016

Review: What Matters Most

What Matters Most What Matters Most by Kellie Coates Gilbert
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sadly this is only the second book I've read by Kellie Coates Gilbert. I read book three in this series and really enjoyed it though so I was eager to read book 4!

I didn't connect with the characters in this book quite like I did the ones in the third book... But I realize I cannot connect with the same level of appreciation with every single character I come across in novels.

I did really like the meet cute for Nathan and Leta but I won't spoil it for those of you reading this before you read the book! And there were a lot of aspects of Nathan's personality that I truly loved. He is a wonderful man and is very kind, caring, and gracious. But I didn't feel the same way about Leta. I just didn't fall in love with her. I often found myself annoyed by some of her ways of looking at life.

Honestly, I think the hardest part for me with this book was how much it was centered around politics. If you enjoy the political world and reading about political oppositions and campaigning and such then I think you will LOVE this book. I however am very much not into politics so much of this book didn't grab my attention.

But I can still assure you that books one and two are still on my TBR pile because just because this one wasn't my new favorite book doesn't make me lose interest in the author. I have no doubt many people will love this book.

I was given a copy of this book from Revell in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews