July 7, 2016

Review: They Danced on

They Danced on They Danced on by Carre Armstrong Gardner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed getting to know the Darling family, but I didn't love this third book as much as I loved the other two. This series really threw me off a little how the first book was about Ivy and Nick, the second book was about two of the siblings Amy and Sephy, and now the third book was about mom, Jane, and also about daughter, Laura. I'm not used to the three books in the series having such different focuses. But I did really like hearing Jane's story. She raised quite the group of kids and was a very faithful wife. I also enjoyed getting more of Laura's story. She was definitely the black sheep in the family but I was glad when she finally got the help she needed.

I do love Gardner's books because they focus on real life issues. Often fiction focuses on the happily ever after and forgets the pain that comes first. This book isn't easy to read since it talks about addiction and loss but it was so important to be reminded that people struggle. That people make mistakes. And that life isn't always easy!

There were so many sweet, romantic moments in this book. I really love the Darling family. I wouldn't mind a fourth book to get to know them even better!

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews