July 12, 2016

Review: Stand-In Rancher Daddy

Stand-In Rancher Daddy Stand-In Rancher Daddy by Renee Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This wasn't quite your typical marriage of convenience but had a similar feel to it. CJ's determination to win Molly's heart was quite strong. I loved his hard-working attitude about his own ranch but also community and church involvement too.

I always love historical books that include barn raising and picnics where picnic baskets are made by single women and auctioned off. I was thrilled to find both in this book.

I adored the twins in the story. The author did a magnificent job portraying how hard bedtime is with twins. I also loved how much the twins loved their uncle. It was so sweet how they never wanted him to leave them and how attached they were to him.

And I greatly related with Molly and appreciated reading a book about a woman like her. She was so strong and so loving toward the twins. I realize they were her best friend's kids but that aside she was still so wonderful with them. I really admired her character for loving them so well.

My only complaint about this book was how the ONE reason that Molly wouldn't marry CJ because of was drug on for so long as this big secret that only Molly knew. I didn't mind it dragging on but it wasn't slowly revealed to the reader as to draw out suspense. Instead I just felt like it was the same old inner thoughts of Molly over and over again.

But overall this was a super sweet story of patience leading to happily ever after. I look forward to reading more books by Ryan.

This book was provided to me free by the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews