July 11, 2016

Review: No Way Up

No Way Up No Way Up by Mary Connealy
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I typically LOVE a Connealy book so I was super excited to read this first book in a new series. I've grown to love her characters and their non-stop action.

Unfortunately this book didn't have the banter between characters that I was used to and also didn't have quite as much action/adventure as I was hoping for.

I was quite impressed with Heath. He was a great hero and I really like how he used his past experiences to help him with present day problems. But I didn't love his relationship with Sadie. For me it just moved much too fast, even for a novel. It seemed like they had barely "met" when all of a sudden they were kissing. They truly barely knew each other except that he worked for her dad but she allowed herself to be alone with him?

I did enjoy the rock climbing parts of this book. I tried a rock climbing wall one time and made it like two feet off the ground and couldn't go any further because I am such a weakling. I was very impressed with Sadie's ability to keep up with Heath.

I'm still looking forward to future books in this series from Connealy but I hope they have a little more sass and action than this one did.

I received a free copy of this book from Bethany House in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews