July 9, 2016

Review: Missing

Missing Missing by Lisa Harris
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have been looking forward to this book ever since I finished the first one! I really like Nikki. She is dedicated, hard-working, and never backs down. She is my favorite type of female lead in t.v. shows and movies. I also really like Tyler and his son and enjoyed having lots of interactions with them in this book.

As this story continued from book one I was hoping to learn more about Nikki's missing sister. And of course I did get a little more info but Harris is doing a good job of weaving that story line through the entire series and now I'm anxious for book three!

As far as being romantic suspense I was a little disappointed with the lack of romance. Most of the romance was internal romantic tension and for me it just wasn't quite enough to label the book romantic. I would consider this book more just suspense.

But as far as the suspense aspect Harris doesn't disappoint. I wasn't on the edge of my seat as much in Missing as I was Vendetta but it was still a great read. There were plenty of action moments that got my heart racing and the story line was very unique with the counterfeit drugs. I've never read a book with that as the theme and really enjoyed meeting a character that was sleuthing out who was responsible for the deaths that counterfeit drugs were causing.

I'm very much looking forward to future books in this series. I didn't feel this second book moved as fast as the first one did but can't wait to see what book three has in store for me.

If you like strong female characters I really think that the Nikki Boyd Files are for you!

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher, Revell, in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews