July 30, 2016

Review: Honor Redeemed

Honor Redeemed Honor Redeemed by Christine Johnson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first book by Christine Johnson so I really went into it not really knowing what to expect. But I saw a lot of good reviews on Instagram so I was excited to dive into it.

The premise of this book wasn't entirely unique but it did have some really unique aspects to it. More than once I was surprised to learn parts of the plot and I really liked that Johnson let me assume certain things only to learn the truth. I thought she did an excellent job of providing the truth when she wanted the reader to know it and not a moment sooner.

I'm not a big fan of books that involve love triangles so that part of this book wasn't my favorite. But
I did enjoy the perseverance of both men. And I found myself rooting for both of them at times because I liked certain qualities they each held.

I can't give away plot points of this book so I can't tell you my absolute favorite parts but the kindness and nurturing that Prosperity shows in many aspects of this book are so sweet.

I really like books that center on forgiveness and this is an excellent book where characters learn to forgive themselves and each other. I also like books where the spiritual side is prevalent. This book isn't overflowing with scripture and "preaching" but it does have a fair amount and I really enjoyed those parts.

I received a free copy of this book from Revell in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews