July 4, 2016

Review: From This Moment

From This Moment From This Moment by Elizabeth Camden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love Elizabeth Camden's books!!! This one was exceptional. I really liked Romulus's character. Sure he could be really obnoxious and selfish but when it mattered he came through! And Stella was my favorite sort of heroine with her spunk and bravery.

I always appreciate fiction that uses real life history as a backdrop. I had no idea that Boston was the first US city to get a subway but found it fascinating! I can only imagine how crazy of an idea it seemed back then but now you find them everywhere. I also really loved the view into the publishing world. I am fascinated by old printing presses. And as I type this review on a computer I cannot even imagine having to write it by hand and then painstakingly set type to crank out paper copies!

The mystery aspect of this story was also very engaging. I really had begun to suspect the wrong person. In the end I did figure out who the real killer was but Camden gave us some great twists in the story.

But my favorite part was of course the romance. The passion in this story was really great and I enjoyed the bickering as well. True love doesn't have to come easy and I loved that it didn't in this book. And while I didn't love how over the top Romulus was at times I could totally envision his character and it made me glad I wasn't on the receiving end of all his attention and surprises!

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews