June 4, 2016

Review: No Other Will Do

No Other Will Do No Other Will Do by Karen Witemeyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've read every Karen Witemeyer book and usually just have to admit that the latest one is my favorite because they are all so good! This one is no exception. I LOVED Mal. He was such a wonderful hero. His character, loyalty, and determination made him quite swoon-worthy! I always love Witemeyer's men in her books but Mal had a certain level of protectiveness to him over Emma that made him extra special.

I really loved Emma too. At first I was a little concerned that she was going to be a little too sure of herself being as capable without men as with but I quickly learned that she was just picky about who she trusted - and rightfully so!

I loved how practically the women in this book lived. But I also loved how willing they were to learn new things and to band together to protect their little town. It was a very creative setting for a book. There was never a dull moment and that is one of my favorite things about her books.

Her books always place a great importance on relationship with God too. I loved how many times the characters turned to God in this story and I love how many times He nudged them in the right direction too.

But as much as I loved the action in this book my favorite part was still the romance. Witemeyer writes excellent romance. The lead into the romance in this book was pretty drawn out but all it did was make the sparks that much hotter! I wouldn't change a thing about the way she built up the passion!

If you've never read one of Witemeyer's books you need to start NOW if you like Christian fiction that centers on a western life full of action with tons of wonderful romance thrown in. I'd recommend her books to readers who like Mary Connealy too.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews