May 2, 2016

Review: Her One and Only

Her One and Only Her One and Only by Becky Wade
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love this series! I loved the Porter brothers and was so excited to read Dru's story. I really wasn't sure what to expect since I only knew her from the point of view of her brothers and really enjoyed getting to know her especially after she turned her life around and grew in her relationship with Christ.

This book was a joy to read because of the relationship between Dru and Gray. I really loved their banter and back and forth. I especially loved the flirting. It has been a long time since I've read a book with such excellent flirting. They both are quick with their words and always have a comeback for everything. I also loved how they would compete in video games and how she could keep up with him in just about every area imaginable.

But as much as I loved the relationship between Dru and Gray what I really loved was watching God work in both of their lives. I truly appreciated how Dru wasn't immune to a man's charms and good looks but still recognized Satan tempting her. I was pleased to read a book where the main character fought temptation to live a pure life while still having a great sense of humor and having a good time with friends and family.

I'm sad to be saying goodbye to the Porter family with the conclusion of this series and was very thankful that Wade wrapped up the story so well with more about the brothers and their wives in this book. I must say that this family will always have a special place in my heart.

I received a copy of this book through the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews