May 21, 2016

Review: Anchor in the Storm

Anchor in the Storm Anchor in the Storm by Sarah Sundin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was the perfect mixture of history, romance, and mystery! I loved every moment of this book and the pacing of it was absolutely perfect to keep me turning the pages.

I really liked Lillian. I love female characters that take risks, do "men's jobs", and stand up for themselves. Lillian's life hasn't been easy but she doesn't let it stop her from reaching her dreams. I really liked Arch too. Sundin's character development in Arch was wonderful. I loved watching him grow throughout this story. Lillian grew too but I really liked the direction she went with Arch.

I'm not sure I could pick a favorite part of this story. There were some really great romantic moments that made me swoon. But there were also some arguments that got pretty heated that also really made me love this book because they were so honest.

But in the end besides how wonderful the romance was the mystery in this story really led the way for this book to keep me intrigued. I have to admit I suspected quite a few different people to be leaders of the drug ring and in the end was wrong! I was pleasantly surprised at how many suspects Sundin gave us and was very impressed with the wrap up of the mystery.

I really cannot wait for book 3 in this series. Sundin is definitely an author you don't want to miss out on!

Revell provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews