March 1, 2016

Review: A Sweet Misfortune

A Sweet Misfortune A Sweet Misfortune by Maggie Brendan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I usually love Christian Historical Romances but this book just was lacking in too many areas. I found the characters to be very one dimensional and not at all likeable or believable. I found myself skimming just to finish the story because I can't stand to not finish a book.

The saving grace for this book was the friendship between Rachel and Molly. It seemed to be a genuine friendship where they truly cared for one another.

But I was truly disappointed by the love stories in this book. Instead of your traditional love triangle this book had three men interested in the same girl and she was portrayed as being a little too perfect in the looks category. And then in the end things were way too rushed including the intimacy. It just wasn't even a little bit realistic.

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews