March 19, 2016

Review: Picture Perfect Murder

Picture Perfect Murder Picture Perfect Murder by Rachel Dylan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was excellent! I didn't read this in one sitting and completely fell in love with the characters and the plot. I really liked Lily because she was my favorite type of heroine - strong, independent, and smart. I love how she took care of herself and more than once proved she was more than a pretty face. And I truly fell in love with Rex. His undying devotion to both his job and protecting Lily was wonderful. I especially liked his follow through.

But aside from loving the characters my absolute favorite part was the storyline and the suspense. There were a couple of times that Dylan totally threw me for a loop and that doesn't happen often to me when I read this type of book! And there was a point in the story where I was really irritated at how something was unfolding only to realize that it was part of Dylan's plan to throw me off! It was brilliant!

And aside from wonderful characters and a great plot Dylan seamlessly wove the importance of a personal walk with God and prayer into the story. I love how through hard times a character in the story was able to revitalize her prayer life and come back to a loving relationship with God. And the best part was this aspect of the story was not preachy but just genuine and made the book even better.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews