March 1, 2016

Review: On Lone Star Trail

On Lone Star Trail On Lone Star Trail by Amanda Cabot
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the third book in the Texas Crossroads series. I previously read books one and two and looked forward to reading this book as I've loved the setting for this series. Like the two previous books this was a sweet story.

While I couldn't relate to Gillian's specific physical limitations due to her accident I could emphasize with her and found I really liked her character. I also really liked TJ and related very well with his character since I taught high school and undergraduate college for five years. What I liked the most about this story was God's presence throughout the book and in both of their lives. I always enjoy books where one or more characters learns to lean on God and/or goes from a straying walk with God back to a close personal relationship with Him.

But even though the story was cute and I liked the characters I had the same problem with this book that I did with the other two. In such a short period of time that the book took place the relationships just moved extremely fast and therefore seemed quite unreasonable even for fiction. I especially felt things moved too fast in this book since TJ wasn't the only guy in Gillian's life.

But aside from the overly fast pace of the plot I did enjoy the story with its many sweet romantic moments. I will always love a book with unique dates such as bird watching. And I look forward to a book four if there is one as I have enjoyed this series.

The publisher provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews