March 3, 2016

Review: The Gift of Friendship: Stories That Celebrate the Beauty of Shared Moments

The Gift of Friendship: Stories That Celebrate the Beauty of Shared Moments The Gift of Friendship: Stories That Celebrate the Beauty of Shared Moments by Dawn Camp
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't often read collections of stories but this cover grabbed my attention along with the topic of friendship.

I've lived in 5 cities since I graduated college 10 years ago. All of those moves were by choice but moving that much makes friendships challenging. Reading this book made me think back to the special people from each time in my life. But it also made me long for that same level of friendship where we live now - both for myself and my husband.

There was one story in particular that really caught my attention. I loved the idea of a friendship so authentic that the two women took turns visiting each other and helping each other clean so they didn't have to do it alone!

But I have to admit this was a hard book for me to read because so many of the stories involved MOPS or playdates and I'd really like to read a book that was more geared toward women like me. Ones who are married but don't have kids even after years of marriage. I wish there was a MOPs group for me...

I received a free copy of this book from Revell in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews