February 22, 2016

Lethal Action

Lethal Action (Danger in the Deep South Book 1)Lethal Action by Rachel Dylan

I very rarely say this but the number one reason I picked up this book was the cover! This is actually my first book by Rachel Dylan but I very much enjoyed it and look forward to reading more by her.

She caught my attention just a few pages in with an initial shock and kept it until the very end. I really enjoyed the legal theme to the book. I haven't read very many books written from a lawyer's viewpoint in the Inspirational or Christian genre and especially liked knowing that Rachel is a lawyer herself. It made the story more believable - at least from the office and courtroom aspects.

I really liked Gabe and how persistent he was on watching out for Hope. But there were a few aspects of his character that were a little hard for me to believe. I won't go into details and spoil the book for anyone though.

Hope is one of the more determined characters I've read about in a while and I loved her tenacity! I especially loved how she did whatever she wanted to in spite of what Gabe said or did!

I really related with Hope throughout the story because I am a city girl through and through. I have never been to NYC but think it would be awesome to live close enough to work to walk everyday!

I really enjoyed the organized crime, FBI, courtroom parts of this story. They made for an intriguing storyline. And the romance between Gabe and Hope was a great addition to the story without adding any filth. I loved how clean this story was. In my opinion the romance moved fast but I know Dylan had a limited number of pages and it moved slower than a mainstream story would have.

I can't wait to read more from Dylan.



View all my reviews