January 18, 2016

You're the One that I Want

You're the One that I Want
by Susan May Warren

I could easily say that I loved everything about this book. But to be more specific I’m going to say that I loved the characters. Throughout the whole Christiansen Family series I’ve fallen in love with each and every member of the family and the men and women they’ve fallen in love with. This book was the perfect culmination of the series because it wrapped up everyone’s story while still giving Owen his turn. 

Scotty is everything I love in a female character. She is strong, fierce, independent, and hard-working. And Owen may not have been perfect but he certainly had his moments in this book! There were times where I loved that he didn’t think before saying or doing things but there were other times that he drove me insane with his lack of forethought.





I also loved the scenes in the opening chapters and how we got a glimpse into Owen’s life outside of Deep Haven. Warren’s descriptions on the crabbing boat were amazing and I tensed up as I read some of the more dangerous scenes.

You also can’t go wrong with her romance. I always get the warm and fuzzies when I read her books because she writes about love in a way that makes you really feel the emotions of her characters.

I really can’t think of anything to make this story any better than it already was. Unless of course Warren wants to add a seventh book to the series! I truly cannot wait to see what series she comes up with next.

I’m sad to see the end of the Christiansen Family series. I’m going to miss traveling through the lives of these siblings. I love reading as they interact with each other, share their traditions, and love each other so well. I loved finally getting to read Owen’s story and I really appreciate how Warren weaves scripture and faith into all of her stories. Owen and Scotty’s story is proof of second chances in Christ but still doesn’t come across in a preachy manner.

I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.