January 13, 2016

Thin Ice

Thin Ice
by Irene Hannon

After reading book one in this series I was looking forward to Lance's story and was not disappointed! I'm enjoying getting to know the McGregor brothers in the Men of Valor series. And I'm also loving the covers for this series. This cover has an ice skate and the specks of ice are raised and textured. It is so neat!




I really loved Lance's story because he underwent some pretty serious character development spiritually. I would have preferred if the spiritual aspect had gone a little bit deeper but I also understand why it didn't. I also really enjoyed getting to know Christy. It is always hard to read about grief stricken people in books but she was a great heroine with a great drive for success in spite of the adversity in her life.

This book flew by for me and I lost sleep finishing it! In my opinion the pacing was perfect for keeping me intrigued without moving too fast. As usual, Hannon's vivid use of vocabulary and descriptions made for scenery that came to life in detail. And I loved the relationships she built for her characters. It is so fun to watch two people fall in love especially when they are forced to wait before pursuing the relationship. The anticipation was gripping.

The only part about this book that I didn't care for was the timing of the relationship because for me it seemed rushed at the beginning. However, even though it moved awfully fast for me in the beginning I do realize that things do work out like that.

Thin Ice didn't keep me guessing for very long as to who the bad guy was but it did keep me guessing as Lance worked to find out who was contacting Christy. Sometimes for me it isn't figuring out who the bad guy is as much as figuring out the journey to the end. And I don't want to give away anything but the ending is very swoon-worthy because just like any good Romantic Suspense there was a budding love relationship. :)

Can't wait to read book three now!


I would recommend this series to anyone that loves Dani Pettrey!

This book was provided to me by the publisher, Revell, in exchange for my honest review.