January 10, 2016

Calico Spy

The Calico Spy (Undercover Ladies #3)The Calico Spy by Margaret Brownley

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


If you are looking for a light-hearted, fast, easy read then this is the book for you. I like my mystery to have a little more intrigue, suspense, and ah-ha moments than this one did and felt disappointed throughout the book. The romance in this book also wasn't what I was hoping for. From the first kiss to the proposal I was very disappointed. It was all very cliche and didn't make me weak in the knees at all.

However, I did enjoy the strong female lead who was smart enough to be a detective and solve cases no one else could. I also liked how during a difficult moment the sheriff went to his pastor for advice and was given strong scriptural advice.

But overall the things that I liked didn't outweigh the things that bothered me.

This book was provided to me by the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.



View all my reviews