January 10, 2016

A Worthy Heart

A Worthy Heart
by Susan Anne Mason

4.5 Stars

This is book two in the Courage to Dream series. I previously read book one, Irish Meadows, and loved it so I was very excited to continue the series and I loved this one too! Oh and the covers are magnificent!




One of my favorite parts about this book was getting two love stories in one book! I love it when authors do that. I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say that I enjoyed both romances pretty much equally and felt Mason used a good balance of swoon-worthy moments along with real life trials. Neither romance was easy but like most Christian Fiction I got my happily ever after.



Mason wove just the right amount of suspense into the story to keep me from ever getting bored and she also threw in plenty of conflict. I was especially impressed with the internal conflict Adam faced throughout the book but also the conflict he faced with many other people in his life. Watching him grow spiritually as very uplifting and watching him along with many other characters find forgiveness and redemption made me almost tear up at one point toward the end!

But my favorite part was the same as book one. The orphanage. I really loved having an orphanage be such a focal point of the story. It killed me when some of the kids and workers fell ill but at the same time it was so good to see everyone band together to help in the time of need both with the kids and some other events throughout the story.

The only thing I didn't love about this book was the similarity between the conflicts in the romantic relationships. I prefer a little more variety in the romantic conflict but really that was such a small issue this book was still a great read!

I really have grown to love Mason's writing through these two books. I love her characters and I really love how she weaves spirituality into her stories without coming across preachy. I think that readers who like Elizabeth Camden would really enjoy this series.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.