December 5, 2015

With this ring?

With this Ring

Two of the authors in this collection of novellas are two of my favorite historical romance authors so I was very excited to read this book.

I know from social media that Bethany House was trying to bring in different readers with this different cover art but I have to admit that for the style and time of these novellas the cover just doesn't fit.

 

But I did enjoy reading about some of my favorite characters in the novellas by Witemeyer and Connealy! I loved revisiting Dead-Eye Dan in Witemeyer's novella. I liked his character in her book A Worthy Pursuit so it was fun to get to know him a little better. He was a great hero and hers was probably my favorite in this collection. Likewise it was great to revisit old friends from Connealy's Trouble in Texas series! Too many to name them all but it was great to see all of them again! Both of these novellas had just the right amount of humor and even more love.

I haven't read much of Regina Jennings' work but I did enjoy her novella. I think that perhaps she tried too hard to disguise the "stranger" in the story and it made it a little awkward but the story was cute.




I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.