December 1, 2015

At Love's Bidding

This book was marketed as "Humorous Historical Romance" but I didn't find it to be the least bit humorous. And the romance was limited to a few barely romantic lines. Even the historical value of the book left a lot out.





At Love's Bidding


I didn't even have any interest in what would happen in the story until I was halfway through the book and even then I only finished it so I could write a review of the whole book and not just the first 2 chapters. The characters in this book were dull and lifeless and I didn't feel at all invested in their opinions or lives.

I can think of at least two other authors who write better Historical Romantic Comedy than this.

The publisher provided me with a copy of this book through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.